Who Parked The Car
The band that makes you travel through live, sharp music, sometimes groovy, sometimes smooth, sometimes dancing and even moving.
The band Who Parked The Car is a Soul-Jazz-Funk band, created at the IMEP Paris College of Music. Jazz musicians by training, the members are mostly eager for groove lovers.
They made their first steps on stage during a series of fiery jam sessions at the artistic squat Jardin Denfert in Paris and continue to perform regularly on Parisian stages. The live experience, so important to all groove-based music, is an integral part of Who Parked The Car's identity.
Who Parked the Car is composed of 8 talented and passionate musicians :
- Thomas : Pianist and Singer, he is a fan of Cory Henry and Robert Glasper ;
- Laura : Singer, passionate about Gospel, R&B and Hip-Hop ;
- Sebastián : Saxophonist et flutist. He's influenced by Michael Brecker, Bob Reynolds and Seamus Blake ;
- Félix : Saxophonist, multi-instrumentalist, he is passionate about Jazz. His references are Sonny Rollins, John Coltrane and Chris Potter ;
- César : Guitarist, he likes the Rock of Radiohead and Pink Floyd, the Funk of Cory Wong, and the Jazz of Julian Lage ;
- Ludo : Bass player, double bass player, he loves to switch from one style to another. His role models are Jaco Pastorius and Thundercat ;
- Malo : Percussionist, enthusiast of Afrobeat and Hip-Hop Grooves ;
- Alejandro : Drummer, passionate about Jazz, Blues, R&B.
With a 100% original repertoire, the musicians of Who Parked The Car are inspired by greatest musicians: from contemporary US Jazz like Snarky Puppy, Robert Glasper, Louis Cole and the intoxicating Pop of Bruno Mars, to the more vintage sounds of Weather Report, Stevie Wonder or even Toto and Supertramp. An explosive yet smooth cocktail with rich melodies and harmonies, and an overboosted groove.
They skillfully mix Soul, Jazz, Funk and Electro genres. They also have a unique sound, a clever mix of vocals, brass, synths, guitars and percussion, enough to make your concerts and festivals unforgettable.
Who Parked The Car performs in France and throughout Europe.
Fees & Other information
Intervention Zone : Who Parked The Car performs in France and Europe.
Number of artists : 8.
Composition : Vocal, Piano, Saxophone, Flute, Guitar, Bass, Double Bass, Percussion, Drums.
Octet (Vocal + Piano/Vocal + Saxophone + Flute + Guitar + Double Bass + percussion + Drums).
The following is included in the rate : 1:30 performance (2 sets of 45 min + 15 to 30 min break).
Rates : On request. Please, Contact us.
Depending on the distance and in case the performance is late in the evening, accommodation is required for the group.